County 22

What’s New in County 22?”

This time of year we are usually busy with helping at different events all summer long. Last weekend was; Ragbrai, Truck cruise, side by side cruise, and Sweet Corn Days. During the summer we also have numerous Tractorcades (tractor parade), motorcycle rallies, car cruises, or even boat “poker runs”. We all want to have fun, but we need to do it safely!

All these folks have just as much right to the roadways as you do. When asked, we usually provide support by assisting with traffic control for these events at dangerous intersections provided that I have enough man power to do so. No one wants to see an accident. If you have an event you would like some traffic control help, please give me a call at the sheriff’s office, and we will do what we can to assist you. Please give us, and emergency responders at accidents, a brake when you see emergency lighting. We may be directing traffic for events mentioned above or we may be at a motor vehicle accident. We will do the best we can to assist you getting through the event going on when we can. Please slow down. I don’t know how many times I have been at an accident and a lot of drivers will not slow down when they see red and blue lighting. It is dangerous for all of us if you do not.

As I am writing this the Clayton County Fair is this week. This year we decided to not have a booth at the fair. It was difficult to find employees to work the booth every year to fill all the shifts, plus we are a little short of reserves this year and need help in other areas. If you see any of us at the fair, we are always happy to speak to with you and answer any questions you may have.

If you have any questions, or comments, feel free to contact me anytime, e-mail me, or stop by to see me.

Thanks and be safe,

Sheriff Mike Tschirgi